Water Saving Tips For Your Kitchens and Bathrooms Water Conservation is a term loosely thrown around by many and followed by a mere handful of people. Water conservation basically means using water wisely, and in today’s world with grave problems such as global warming, water conservation is the need of the hour. We mustn’t take it for granted and instead be careful how we use water. Everyone must realize the importance of water, as there can be no life without it. This is a responsibility each one of us have, and we must all do our part to conserve water. You do not need to start with extreme measures like collecting rainwater and recycling it for other purposes; you could start with very basic simple things like switching the sink tap off while you’re brushing.
Let’s take a look at a few water saving tips which you could practice in your homes:
In your kitchen:
1. Try and not keep the water running without plugging the sink
2. Turn all the taps off when not in use, there’s no point in unnecessarily keeping the water running.
3. Run your dishwasher once it’s completely full; do not keep doing an entire cycle for just a few dishes. This would help save a lot of water.
In your bathrooms:
1. While you’re performing daily tasks like brushing and shaving, do not keep the water tap running. This will save a ton of water as these activities take 4-5 minutes to perform.
2. Try and cut down on the duration of your showers, showers are a major cause of wastage of water, as we just tend to stand under the shower for minutes at end. Try and cut down the length of your showers, and alternatively try and take a bucket bath every once in a while.
3. If you’re taking a shower, turn it off while you’re soaping up and shampooing instead of just standing on the side and leaving the water running.
4. If you’re lucky enough to have bathtub, don’t fill the tub to the brim unnecessarily bathing pets and babies requires much less water.
5. Also, always check if your bathtub drain plug doesn’t leak, replace it if need be.
These are a few basic easy to follow tips you should keep in mind to lower water wastage in your kitchens and bathrooms. In the next article we will discuss the various tips to reduce water wastage when you’re doing your laundry.